Red spots on the penis sometimes is a worse experience, it may lower one’s self esteem and at time it does not look appealing to your partner. Although most of those red spots on the penis are treated using simple home remedies or tested clinical medication, some may be removed surgically.
Red Spots on penis Causes
Red spots on penis can appear after coitus which is an indication of an allergic reaction. These allergens mostly are found in spermicides or in some condoms. Some other times you may have dry sex without lubrications which causes friction that commonly triggers red spots on penile.
Symptoms of red spots on penis
- Severe irritation of the penis
- Commonly painful sex or sex dysfunction
- Infected individuals experience penis odor
- Painful experience when the penis erects with inflammatory effect. Red spots on penis can result to this
- Patches around the penis
- Spots that are blisters
- Spots that are wart-like in physical appearance
- Raises spots
During the first stage, the spots may appear as small fluid filled blister-like but after some time they burst and become red spots. After bursting they are often very painful.
Differentiated types of common red penis spots include:
- Red ulcers – An open sore basically a break or hole in the skin that is also known as a chancre.
- Blisters – Red, fluid-filled sacks or spots which normally appear in groups or as clusters. They are mostly a painful symptom of genital herpes. When they burst, they become red spots.
- Raised itchy bumps – as a result of mite bites that can be passed to close contact with infected individual and sexual contact. These mites bite commonly leave red itchy spots behind on many parts of the body, including the groin and genitals.
- Concave bump – A reddened or shiny flesh-toned spot that is concave or sunken in is also a distinctive characteristic of molluscum contagiosum. Red spots on penis; the very common way in which they are spread is during sexual contact with an infected individual.
- Hirsutoid papillomas (Pearly penile papules) – Flesh-colored papules that are spiny in shape. They are mostly found in a ring around the edge of the head of the penis just above the shaft. They are harmless and don’t disappear for a short period of time but are not an STD and are not contagious.
- Warts – Flesh-colored growths that mostly appear in clusters. During the early stage, they are less painful, but very contagious.
Causes of red spots on penis
This is caused when penis skin gets suffered with a certain infection which results to formation of red spots on penis. They mostly grow if an individual is not following good body hygiene.
- Fordyce spots
These bumps usually appear as red pale pimple on the penis. These red spots on penis in this case are mostly not caused by intimate or sexual contact.
- Tyson glands on penis
These glands are in most cases found below the penis head. They may be mostly filled with pus and therefore they are commonly called red pimple on head of penis.
- Pimples due to genital herpes or STD
These pimples are mostly itchy and painful; they cause a lot of discomfort to individuals when they appear as red spots on the penis. These pimples are associated with severe irritation and mostly develop around the penis.
Also More on:
- Penile bumps causes, symptoms, treatment and remedy
- Sores on penis causes, treatment and remedy
- Dry Skin on Penis Causes, Symptoms and Treatment
Red Spots on Shaft
Red spots on penis normally a condition that requires proper treatment because if not treated early, it leads to severe discomfort to the infected person.
A person may happen to realize some bumps and spots on the penis shaft or head. Everybody might suffer a pimple around the pubic region at one point of their life. However, this is not a big problem as many of them may be harmless and requires a little care to treat them.
Red spots on shaft STDs and genital herpes and warts
On some incidences, red spots on shaft can be caused by sexually transmitted diseases (STDs). Usually, genital warts may appear as small fleshy growths that are normally caused by human papilloma virus (HPV). This virus is a sexually transmitted infection.
Some red spots on penis can be painful, itchy and can be a major cause of discomfort. This situation may spread to groin, scrotum and also to inner thighs.
Signs of red spots on penis shaft
Some time you may discover a type of a spot on the penis, it is advised that you should not try squeezing these spots as they may appear at times like pimples. By squeezing them you can cause more inflammation and you might worsen any infection that is present. This may result to scarring. Rather, it is advised that you should clean your skin with a recommended gentle soap being careful to scrub vigorously since the penis skin at the shaft is very sensitive. Scrubbing could result to problems like irritation.
If you happen to experience other conditions with the same symptoms, it is advised to see a doctor.
Itchy Red Spots on penis
Itchy red spots on the glans of the penis are caused by a disease called scabies which is brought by a mite infestation. Scabies can be transmitted through sexual intercourse and also when one comes in contact with an infected person.
Symptoms of itchy red spots on penis
Itchy red spots on penis shaft or scrotum may appear as raised bumps on the skin. They may not appear painful during the early stage but their site may not look attractive. Some people associate this with sexually transmitted disease which is a misconception in most cases.
Below are some symptoms of itchy red spots on penis:
- Some pus filled raised bumps on the penis shaft
- Pimples which appear like raised red inflammation that may be distributed in clusters.
- Pale red spots that appear yellow or white
- Raised bumps on penis to some patients. They may also be inflamed
- Highly visible raised bumps on the scrotum
- Fluid filled and clear granules
How to Get Rid of Red Spots on Penis
Before attempting to any kind of a body treatment, it is foremost advised to get to know the problem first. After identifying the problem, now make sure it has been diagnosed by a licensed physician. The treatment can be either over the counter by use of home remedies. It becomes easy to treat something that you are sure about.
Home remedies for the treatment of Red Spots on Penis
Red spots on shaft of the penis can be removed using simple home remedies. The following remedies can also compliment some other medication that your doctor may prescribe for you.
- Aloe Vera Gel
This is a natural herb that contains antifungal, anti-bacterial and also anti-inflammatory properties. Aloe Vera Gel is used to sooth itchy red spots and painful rushes caused STDs or allergy.
What you require for treatment
- Aloe Vera leaves
- Sharp knife
- A blender
- A small bottle for collecting the gel fluid
- Some water
- A piece of cloth (clean)
Steps you should follow on making Aloe Vera from their leaves:
- Take two to three pieces of aloe Vera leaves, cut them on both ends. Make sure you use a knife to take out the upper green layer from the leaf so that you can be able to expose the thick Aloe Vera gel in those leaves.
- Rinse any yellow liquid that you might find on the leaf with clean water (if any)
- Peel off the green back of the leaf and the clear thick gel that is left is the aloe Vera gel that we are interested in.
- Now cut the gel into small pieces and then blend the gel into a liquid form
- You ensure that your penis is tidy and not wet and apply the aloe Vera Gel on the penis shaft and also the head
- Give it time for around 20 minutes
- Wash it using clean water and soap
- Dry your penis using a clean piece of cloth.
- For best results, repeat the above process three times a day until the red spots on the shaft disappear
- Coconut Oil
Coconut oil is a home remedy moisturizer that mostly works well for dry skin like the case of red spots on the penis. It has a cool soothing effect especially on the itchy red sports on penis and also rejuvenates the skin. Coconut oil I addition has got antifungal properties which makes it suitable to get rid of most fungal infections that causes red spots on penis.
- Coconut oil
- Coconut ball
How to apply
- Make sure you take a shower before going to bed
- Soak a cotton ball with a coconut oil
- Apply some coconut oil on the affected part of the penis targeting the red spots on penis
- Allow the coconut oil to stay overnight on the penis skin
- You can repeat the above process several nights until you recover.
- Chamomile flowers
Another home remedy to treat red spots on penis is chamomile flowers. It is rated the best in treatment as it has no side effects to your body. Most people prefer this treatment because it is body free effects.
- Chamomile flower
- A motor and a pestle
- A clean dry piece of cloth
- Start by washing the chamomile flowers
- Cut them into a considerable big pieces using a knife
- Crush them with the motor and pestle
- Make sure your penis is clean before applying the paste on the affected parts
- Allow it to take some time, 15-20 minutes before drying it
- Rinse it clean with some warm water
- The above procedure can be the best home remedy for the treatment of red spots on penis if repeated two times a day.
- Apple Cider Vinegar
This is another considered effective home remedy when it comes to the treatment of red spots on penile. It contains very effective properties of anti-bacterial and anti-fungal infections. Continuously use of this remedy eventually gets ride of red spots on penis as it has the capability to fight both bacteria and fungi that are the major cause of infections.
To apply this remedy you need to wash your penis ad dry it, use a soaked cotton ball with the white vinegar water and apply it to the affected area of your penis.
After sometime wash it off with clean water and dry your penis with a clean piece of cloth. A repeat of this activity daily will eventually get rid of red spots on your penis.
- Turmeric powder
This is a natural anti-inflammatory agent that gets rids of red spots on penis for a very short period of time after applying it. This home remedy also can act as a pain killer to relieve pain that is caused by painful rushes on the penis skin. In addition applying some little content of mint leaves acts as a booster to turmeric powder due to their cooling effect.
Natural garlic is another home remedy for treatment of red spots on penis. It contains a substance called allicin which has antiseptic and antifungal properties. Natural garlic is known for fighting many fungal infections and preventing them from spreading to other parts of the body of an infected individual.
The treatment of red spots on penis using garlic requires these basic items: garlic cloves, a pestle and a mortar, a knife, clean water and a clean piece of cloth.
As well known by many researchers, natural honey is one of the best antiseptic agents. It is used to soothe itchy painful red spots on penis which is also taken as a good way of preventing. To do this, you apply little amount of honey by spreading it over to the affected area of the penis and allowing it to settle overnight. Note: you should wash your penis and dry it in the following morning using some clean warm water. Afterwards dry your penis using a dry piece of cloth. You can repeat this exercise for a number of days until your penis heals
- Lemon juice
This juice from lemon is rich vitamin C. vitamin C is essential for boosting your body immune system against diseases. It also acts as an agent to exfoliate your penis skin and gives it a smooth touch. After vitamin C boosts the body immune system it fights fungal infections like red spots on penis and cures itchy penis spots.
Treating red spots on penis shaft provoked by sexually transmitted diseases
If the patient is having symptoms, (hyperemia, itching, flaky skin burning and malaise), it is of high probability that the rush is caused by infection. If sometime balanoposthitis is diagnosed, a physician prescribes antibacterial and anti-fungal drugs and also immunomodulators. The therapy commonly involves the use of combined drugs and corticosteroids for cure.
The following are the most often prescribed drugs:
- Nistatines, levorines
- Pimafucin (it contains natamycine)
- Drugs containing active ingredients of clotrimazole
- Drugs containing active ingredients of Iconazol
On the above treatment, the dosage is individual and the treatment course is 2 to 3 weeks
If caused by Candida albicans;
Candida albicans fungus naturally lives in our bodies. It only becomes a problem when its natural balance is upset and it becomes candidiasis which gives an itchy and burning sensation to the penis.
- You can treat the garments which have been in contact with candida discharges and infections by boiling those garments and leave them to bleach. This leaves them yeast free. Iron them using a hot dry iron. This helps in killing the fungus that has been left in the garments.
- Exercise putting on loose underwear to proper ventilation of the affected parts. This helps in healing the already developed red spots on penis.
- Practice a protected sex if you have to engage to avoid passing the infection back and forth to your partner.
- Avoid scented lotions, powders and chemical perfumes
- Practice healthy hygiene to the affected areas
If you want to prevent the appearance of red spots on the penis, it is necessary to follow the recommendations given below:
- We encourage you to have a reasonable sex life
- Practice having protected sex by the use the condoms
- Practice proper personal hygiene of your body
- Visit a doctor for regular medical examination
- Avoid excessive and very tight underwear
Note! If you happen to find red spots on penis it is good to take note that a doctor should prescribe for you the treatment after all the necessary tests have been done. Otherwise don’t exercise self-treatment may bring some serious complications.
- Signs of red spots on penis shaft :http://www.healtreatcure.org/pimples/pimples-on-penile-shaft-fordyce-spots-papules-penis-head-treatment/
- Red rashes on penis and treatment: http://redrashpenis.blogspot.co.ke/2010/10/best-remedy-for-spots-on-penis.html
- Causes of red spots on penis : https://healingfast.org/men/penile-rash/rash-on-penis-head-penile-shaft-red-itchy-rash-treatment/
- Red spots on penis provoked by STDs: http://brulanta.com/health/penis-rash/
- Types of red spots on penis: https://www.stdcheck.com/std-symptoms-penis-spots.php