Does toothpaste work effectively on pimples? Here are details on how to use toothpaste for pimples. Find out which is the best toothpaste for pimples and also answers to the following commonly asked questions:
- Can we put toothpaste on pimple?
- How does toothpaste get rid of pimples?
- What kinds of toothpaste get rid of pimples?
- How does toothpaste help acne?
Can we put Toothpaste on Pimple?
Toothpaste will irritate the skin, and the pimple will probably eventually disappear along with the irritation, but toothpaste is in no way a primary treatment for acne. Despite that, many people have used it as a remedy for pimples and other skin blemishes due to its superb ingredients.
Toothpaste on Pimples Overnight
Toothpaste gives extraordinary results while removing pimples. It is also available in every house and shop stores, you therefore do not need to waste a lot of time looking for it. Toothpaste gives better results when you wash the area and then apply it over the area. Please make sure that you should use the white toothpaste instead of any gel based toothpaste to remove pimples. White toothpaste usually contains silica and that helps to dry out the pimples.
To use toothpaste and get rid of pimples overnight, consider the following:
- Wash your face or affected area with mild soap or face wash and pat the face or the affected area dry. Then apply some white toothpaste to the pimple or only on the affected area. You can also leave it overnight or at-least for 2 hours. In the morning when you wake up, wash the affected area or face with cold water.
- In case you aren’t going out in day then you can repeat the procedure in the day time also. Try to leave the Toothpaste in contact with the pimple for a period not less than 60 minutes.
It is also important to note that sometimes you can feel itching and a burning sensation because you have not used the right toothpaste or you skin is sensitive. In case such a thing happens wash the toothpaste from your skin immediately and try to use other remedies.
How does Toothpaste Get Rid of Pimples?
Toothpaste has long been touted as a natural solution, making it an inexpensive alternative to costly blemish remedies. There are pros and cons to all acne treatment methods. When it comes to toothpaste, there are several noteworthy reasons to consider using this remedy. Toothpaste contains triclosan, menthol and calcium carbonate which help to get rid of pimples in the following ways:
- Triclosan Kills Bacteria
Toothpaste is commonly used to treat pimples because of triclosan. This antibacterial ingredient is found in items like soap, deodorant, body wash, and of course, toothpaste. There are many benefits of triclosan. For instance, it is 99% effective at removing germs, which allows it to remove pimple-causing bacteria. Additionally, triclosan has been found to kill propionibacterium acnes [the bacteria that causes acne].
Another benefit of this ingredient is its slow degradation time since it is not water soluble; it stays on the skin longer, continuing to get rid of bacteria, even after you wash your face.
- Menthol ingredient
There are many issues when it comes to pimples. Swelling, for instance is a side effect that can make blemish toothpaste contain menthol which is a type of cooling compound, it is often used to deal with swollen areas.
Menthol study published in The Journal of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, menthol was found to reduce swelling and enhance cold-receptors activity. That means the same ingredient that leaves you with a fresh, clean taste in your mouth works like ice on a pimple. Within minutes, swelling and inflammation may be noticeably reduced.
- Calcium Carbonate dries excess oil
Calcium carbonate Dries excess oil facilitating faster healing of the pimples. Various research indicating that a high intake of dairy can elevate inflammation and lead to breakouts. However, calcium carbonate an ingredient in many types of toothpaste has been found to dry out blemishes.
Though its purpose is to scrub the surface of the teeth without causing damage to the enamel, it can work on skin as well. Calcium carbonate removes excess oil from the affected areas, clears out pores, and helps the skin return to normal.
How Does Toothpaste Help Acne?
According to the interview of Dr. Rebecca Baxt and Dr. Neal Schultz, both New York based dermatologist, on Huffington post ‘’Toothpaste contains certain ingredients- banking soda, hydrogen peroxide, alcohol, menthol, essential oils, triclosan- that cause pimples to dry out’’ however they also note that no ingredients in toothpaste that make this method more effective than conventional treatments.
While the formula does indeed have a drying effect, Dr. Baxt warns of the reactions associated with applying toothpaste to breakouts.
“ Toothpaste irritates the skin, so some may believe that it dries out pimples, but what it really does is irritate and cause redness and peeling’’ Dr. Schultz similarly warns that ‘’over-drying and even burning can occur on the skin from applying it to pimples’’.
What Kind of Toothpaste Get Rid of pimples
The question that lingers in the mind of everyone every time toothpaste is mention as a remedy for acne, spots, irritation or pimples is, what kind of toothpaste is best for pimples. The answer to this question is simple; effective toothpaste for pimples is the one that is less irritating and with few side effects. Here are pointers to help you choose the best toothpaste for pimple treatment.
- Use toothpaste with low fluoride content-Allergies to ingredients such as fluoride might cause an irritation when it comes into contact with the skin. It is wise to choose toothpaste with low fluoride content or none at all.
- Avoid Gel Toothpastes- They may be lacking in the active ingredients that are effective in getting rid of pimples. They also have a different formulation.
- Avoid teeth whitening toothpastes- such toothpaste contain bleaching agents that might burn the skin and make the pimples more noticeable. Do not use teeth whitening toothpaste for pimples if you are dark skinned as the extra melanin makes you more prone to blemishes.
- Organic toothpaste- this are highly recommended toothpaste for pimple treatment. This is because they do not contain fluoride and other harsh chemical ingredients that may irritate your skin. They also contain natural ingredients such as aloe Vera and tea tree oil that will act as an added advantage in treatment of pimples.
- Choose white colored toothpaste- the zit zapping ingredients like baking soda, triclosan and hydrogen peroxide are contained in the white part of the toothpaste. Colored toothpastes contain ingredients that irritate the skin. Avoid toothpaste products with red, green or blue stripes.
How to Get Rid of Pimples in One Night
- Apply Tea Tree Oil
Tea tree oil is an effective remedy to get rid of pimples fast and naturally. It has anti-bacterial properties, which help in fighting the microscopic organisms and kill bacteria that cause pimples. Tea tree oil works like a solvent, which penetrates through the extra sebum. It further unblocks the pores and removes the dead cells. Additionally, it helps in reducing the redness and inflammation of pimples. Before you use tea tree oil, you need to dilute it. To dilute the tea tree oil, you can mix one drop of tea tree oil with 3 drops of water or some base oil [like almond or olive oil].
- Wash your face completely and dry it. Dip a cotton ball in diluted tea tree oil and apply it on the affected area or on the pimple. Wash your face after 30 minutes.
- Alternatively, you can take one tablespoon of aloe Vera gel and add a couple of drops in it. Now, apply it on the pimples with the help of a cotton ball. Leave it for 30 minutes and then wash your face.
- Use calamine Lotion
Cleaning must be carried out consistently without carelessness before going to sleep or else your skin won’t have the capacity to breathe.
- Clean up your entire face or just the affected area with the help of an astringent. You need to apply calamine lotion over the affected part.
- Have a peaceful and a sound sleep at night. After wake-up in the morning, wash your face with lukewarm water to get rid of pimples.
- Use peppermint
Peppermint is a powerful herb that can also help to get rid of pimples fast and naturally. The cooling soothing effect of the menthol present in peppermint helps to reduce the irritation and redness caused by pimples. Peppermint has antiviral and antibacterial properties which help eliminate bacteria that cause pimples.
- Crush some peppermint leaves to extract the juice.
- Apply the juice gently on your pimples and leave it for 20 minutes.
- Wash your skin with cold water to remove pimples.
- Alternatively, you can use peppermint oil which contains vitamins and vital unsaturated fats. Take two to three drops of peppermint oil and apply it on your pimples. Rub the oil for a couple of minutes and afterwards rinse with water.
Cucumber is rich source of potassium and vitamins like, vitamin E, vitamin A and Vitamin C. it also has a cooling and a soothing effect on the skin. It is one of the best home remedies to remove pimples and zits.
- Cut one or two fresh cucumbers into pieces and soak them in water for 60 minutes. The supplements, for example, vitamin A, potassium and chlorophyll will exchange to water.
- Strain the water and beverage it, or utilize the water to wash your face.
- Alternatively, you can make a face mask by grinding one cool cucumber. After grinding, make a mask on your face and allow it to dry for 20 minutes. After getting dry, wash your face with lukewarm water. This will help in cleaning bacteria and dirt from your pores.
- Use Papaya
Papaya helps to remove dead skin cells and additional layer of oil from the skin. Papaya will help to reduce the inflammation and prevents pus with the help of its catalyst called papain.
- Rinse your face with water and pat dry. Then mash a papaya to a consistency with the goal that it can be effectively applied on the skin.
- Apply and leave it for 20 minutes and after that wash it off. If your skin gets dry in the wake of washing just apply a moisturizer to hydrate it.
- Apply Egg Whites
The proteins rich egg whites may help get rid of pimples.
- Take an egg and open it, separate the yolk by moving it back and forth between the two halves of the shell. The whites will be collected in the bowl and the York will stay back in the shell half. Apply the egg whites on the pimples using your fingers. Leave it to dry and stay overnight. Wash your face with warm in the morning to get pimples-free face.
- Apply Apple Cider Vinegar
Apple cider vinegar helps to kill bacteria responsible for the pimple. Apple cider vinegar is alkaline in nature and helps in balancing the PH of the skin. In that balanced PH it is difficult for bacteria to thrive.
- Prepare a solution by adding 3 portions of water to one portion of apple cider vinegar to dilute it. Now, wash your face and pat dry with the help of a towel. Dip a cotton ball into the diluted solution and directly apply on the pimple.
- Leave it for a minimum 20 minutes and wash your face with distilled water.
- You need to repeat this couple of times each day. Use a moisturizer after applying the apple cider vinegar to protect your skin from getting dry.
- Use Aloe Vera
Aloe Vera Gel can be utilized directly on the affected area to get rid of pimples fast. Aloe vera has anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial properties and helps to reduce redness and skin irritation. Utilize enough aloe vera gel to mask the pimples while doing spot treatment.
- Better to use a fresh aloe Vera leaf. Squeeze the juice out from the aloe vera. Now apply this gel directly on the pimples and leave it overnight to remove pimples. You need to repeat this process on daily basis, till the time pimples get disappeared.
- Make A paste with Aspirin
Aspirin is an effective home remedy to get rid of pimples. It works faster and makes a better treatment as compared to other remedies. Aspirin has anti-inflammatory property, and helps to reduce the pimple redness, swelling and inflammation because of amassed pus.
- Crush 2 aspirin tablet and add a couple of drops of water to make a thick paste of it. Now apply this paste directly to the pimple. Let the paste dry for a few minutes.
- You can also leave the paste overnight and wash it off in the morning. You can see that the pimple is less noticeable and shrink in size after aspirin treatment.
- Take a shot with lemon juice
A couple of drops of lemon juice work well, when applied on a pimple. Despite the fact that it causes a touch of tingling and sensation, but it helps to reduce inflammation, swelling and remove pimples overnight. Ensure you apply just fresh lemon juice and not the packaged juice.
- Dip a clean swab of cotton in the juice and apply on the pimples at least 2 hours before going to bed. Before sleeping clean the lemon juice and apply some moisturizer. If you feel burning, then wash it immediately.
- Another remedy is to make a paste by mixing a teaspoon of cinnamon powder with a tablespoon of lemon juice. Apply the paste on the pimples and leave the paste for about 2 hours before going to bed and wash it off before sleeping.
- Be careful with what you consume
Researchers are starting to accept that eating methodology does have a part in how much pimple you have. Following the eating methodology of entire grains, vegetables, proteins, fiber and omega-3 unsaturated fats. Stay away from high-glycemic eating regimens that include a ton of refined sugars, simple carbs and fats.
Studies have discovered that people who drink more drinks experience the ill effects of more pimples and acne than people who don’t drink as much. The researchers accept that the hormone-loaded dairy product creates more sebum, bringing about acne and exacerbating it.
Garlic has anti-bacterial properties that provide the assistance to battle acne and remove pimples. Never apply the garlic without diluting it first. Take fresh garlic cloves and extract the juice from them. Dilute the garlic juice by adding a few drops of water into it. Alternatively, you can mash 3 garlic cloves in water. Let it soak in water for 20 minutes. You can also add some aloe vera gel into the garlic water. Apply it on the affected area to get rid of pimples naturally. You can also consume garlic to get rid of pimple breakouts later on.
Honey kills the bacteria that cause pimples. Honey also keeps the skin healthy with the help of its hydrating properties. To see its magical effect, you need to apply some honey over your pimples. Allow it to dry all alone for 60 minutes; you can also leave it for overnight. Then rinse it off with normal water in next morning. You can notice the magical effect of honey and your pimples will go away.