What are these pimples, blisters, sores, lumps and bumps that form around or inside your vagina? Here is an overview of this condition, causes, treatment and best home remedies.
Pimple on Vag Causes
Pimple on the vagina is always a concern for many women; however before you panic there are several causes of pimples on the vulva [the outer genital area] and some of them are harmless and not sexually transmitted diseases, others can result in too many complications that require emergency attention.
Here are 20 causes and an overview of pimple on the vagina;
Cysts are the most common forms of vagina pimples. They develop as bumps on the vulva or vaginal region due to blocked skin glands. If they are large enough to cause intense discomfort, the cyst can be incised and drained out by a doctor. Never try to squeeze the cysts by yourself as this may result in bacterial infection in the area. The 2 common types of vagina cysts are:
- Skene’s duct cyst which occur around the urethra opening and can be removed by warm compress or if they develop to complex scenarios seek the assistance of the doctor.
- Bartholin cyst which may occur on either side of the labia majora on the vulva. These cysts can grow up to the size of a walnut and produce painful symptoms and their treatment is the same as that of skene’s duct cysts.
- Genital Herpes
This is a viral STD which usually develops as a sore spot and matures to a blister or a group of blisters leading to an open wound, this condition is accompanied with itchy, burning and painful symptoms and may be treated with antiviral medications
- Genital wart
Infection by human papilloma virus subtypes 6 which may cause genital warts. This results in cauliflower-like, rough infectious bumps in the genital areas. Specialized medication may help in treating the disease.
- Molluscum Contagious
This is a painless infection which produces fleshy, pearl colored pumps on the vaginal area and they usually regress on their own.
This condition can cause pimple or pimples to appear on penis, rectum and vulva especially around the opening of the vagina. The pimple may produce pus with a lot of pain and may also cause lymph nodes to swell as well.
After 20 days from exposure to syphilis virus, one might develop syphilitic sores at the point of bacterial contact. The sores appear in the mouth, lips vagina, anus, rectum, penis and other places depending where the bacteria entered the body.
- Female genital eczema
It can affect the female genital areas and it is normally associated with red itchy rash and bumps on the vagina vulva. Eczema on genital are caused by sweat, tight cloths, skin friction and some soaps and perfumes.
- Allergic reaction
Some people may develop allergic reaction to toiletry products, soaps and even perfumes causing them to develop bumps on their vaginal lips.
- Blocked hair follicles
This condition is also known as Folliculitis. it appears like small red bumps or white-headed pimples around hair follicles at the beginning. If they are not attended to in time they can spread and become crusty sores that do not respond to medication.
- Vulva cancer
This is a rear condition which can cause a pimple to appear in your private part it usually grow slowly and affects older women.
- Skin Tags
These are outgrowth of the skin which can occur anywhere on the body including the vaginal area. Areas of your body subjected to rubbing against another part of your body or bound by tight clothing is like to develop these tags. Wearing tight clothing like jeans for a long time can render your soft vaginal skin susceptible.
It is important to get these skin tags assessed for cancerous or infectious growth. Skin tags may be removed by laser surgery or freezing in liquid nitrogen with the help of a doctor. Home remedies include application of apple cider vinegar regularly twice a day till the tags fall off.
- Clogged sweat glands
Clogged sweat glands may also produce a pimple on vaginal lip. This is condition is also known as Hidradenitis suppurativa and is usually characterized by pain arising out of the clogged sweat glands and leaves behind hard scars. The condition may be treated with the help of antibiotics and steroids.
- Ingrown hair
Frequent shaving of the vagina may result into hair curling inside the skin causing a pimple or pimples on the vagina.
- Hormonal cycles
Pimple on the vagina may arise just before or during the periods. This is common in many women and is usually due to changes in hormonal balance in the body.
- Build up of bacteria
Build up of bacteria in the pores may be due to excessive sweating in the vagina. This causes pimple or pimples on the vagina.
- Hash laundry detergents or bath soap
Hash laundry detergents cause irritation and rashes in the delicate vaginal region.
- Tight clothing and underwear
Tight clothing and underwear leads to abrasion and scuffing of the sensitive skin. As a result, a rash develops leading to vaginal acne.
- Acanthosis Nigricans
It generates velvety and cause dark raised pimple on the bikini line and also on the vulva. It is usually linked to insulin resistance.
This is caused by small blood vessels. Dark purple to red spots are normally visible when the dilated capillaries group together. You may not notice the symptoms until friction of capillaries cause bleeding. They can be treated through surgical removal.
- Contact dermatitis
Contact with spermicidal condoms, lubricants or sexual arousal stimulants can cause pimple on the vagina. Others include tampons or sanitary pads, deodorants and some lotions.
Pimple on Vag after Shaving
The pimples appearing on your vagina may affect different areas of your vaginal anatomy. It is possible to get a pimple on the labia lips [labia majora and labia minora} as well as vulva area. One of the most common causes of pimples along or on the vagina is an ingrown hair bump after shaving.
Women who shave their entire bodies including [ legs, underarms ] have once in a while experienced this phenomenon of pimple on vagina after shaving. They are usually as a result of shaving without soap or cream, using a blade that is very blunt as well as practicing the wrong shaving techniques.
To reduce the frequency of razor bumps on vagina as well as ingrown hairs, it is important to shave using the right techniques. Avoid dry shaving, and start making use of hair removal creams and shaving gels.
Additionally, it will be important to shave in the direction of hair growth, rather than going against it, this will help to prevent irritation on the vaginal area.
Also it is important to note that not all bumps are ingrown or pimple or acne. For example bumps around your vagina that is tender and reddish or purple in color even at their bases could be herpes simplex sores that are as result of STD infections.
Pimple on Private Parts Male
Pimples on male private parts are normal and represent a very common condition but in some cases those bumps can be dangerous and demand prompt medical attention. Although people get pimples on their face, back, leg, buttocks, penis and testicles they typically occur during their teenage years but it is also possible that men will have to experience pimples at some time later in their life.
When a small pimple appear on the penis or testicles, this is usually not a serious matter and actually no treatment is needed at all. Statistics show that 80% of men will experience some kind of pimple on penis and testicles at some time in their life.
Yeast infection Pimples
These kind of pimples occur on public area and are red inflamed skin, weeping skin sores. They are usually itchy and painful. They occur in clumps or just as one big red raised rash.
They are cause by Candida albicans which are tiny organisms living in and on the warm, moist areas of the skin. They are always in small numbers and can divide in case of any change in PH. When PH is disturbed and becomes less acidic, yeast starts overgrowing causing vaginal yeast infection.
When Candida starts to infect the mucous membranes of the vagina or pubic parts or oral cavity, it will generally never cause bumps to appear on such areas. If the infection moves to the skin around the mouth or vagina the skin can become inflamed and form pimple-like whitehead bumps known as pustules. This can possibly happen due to weaken immune system due to disease like diabetes mellitus and HIV/AIDS, regular use of estrogen pills and antibiotic drugs causing change in the PH of the vagina and poor hygiene.
How to get rid of pimple on the Vag
It is important to understand that moisture in the vaginal region promotes the growth of bacteria that reside in the surrounding area. Hence lack of daily cleaning indirectly contributes towards the evolution of vagina pimples.
Therefore after the diagnosis has been made, treatment and preventative measures may commence. Here are more than 9 home remedies for treating and getting rid of pimple on the vagina.
- Use medicated antibacterial soaps and wash creams to clean the area that is infected. Perfume and harsh soaps may spoil the PH balance of the vagina leading to more bacterial infection.
- Avoid using disposable razors, wax, tweezers or any depilatory creams on the vagina to remove pubic hair as this will aggravate the problem of vagina pimples. When the pimples are fully gone you can use the right ways to remove the pubic hair to keep the area clean.
- Wear cotton under cloths to avoid the spread of the infection and also cause less discomfort as cotton is a natural fabric.
- Keep the vaginal pimple as dry as possible in order to cure them fast. By using Indian lilac on the vagina pimple to keep it dry. It has antibacterial properties which can propel the healing process to occur faster.
- Wash the vagina using apple cider vinegar solution at least twice a day. Take two cups of the solution and mix with clean water. Prepare a bath solution and use it to wash the vaginal area. Make sure you dry off the area afterwards.
- Sprinkle cornstarch powder on your vagina before wearing your pant. The powder is good in absorbing the moisture from sweat and discharge keeping the area dry and clean hence making it hard for the bacteria to thrive.
- Apply warm compress to avoid scratching the vagina pimple. The pimple can be itchy, painful and burning, warm compress relieve all this feeling. Take warm water on a trough with a clean towel. Dip the towel in warm water and gently press it on the bumps for a few times. Before leaving it dry.
- Apply tea tree oil on the area that is infected on the vagina skin. This oil has essential properties of antibacterial and antifungal which makes it excellent cure for acne of all types. Take the tea tree oil and mix with a little olive oil and then apply it over the pimple on vagina using cotton wool.
- Use of recommended oil for treating vagina pimples that have antiseptic property. Those used for treating of burns and wounds can be the best for your private parts.
Pimple on Vagina Treatment
To treat pimple on vagina you should get tested first to be sure of infection that cause those vaginal bumps and If you are sexually active, you should get tested regularly to clear the risks of unseen infections. It is important to see a doctor for best advice and prescription.
Here are I2 ways of treating pimples on vagina:
Marigold is prominent due to its astringent, antiseptic and anti-inflammatory properties. Readily available in the market in the form of oil, ointment, tincture and powder. All of these can be applied and used to cure pimple on the vagina.
To use marigold:
- Apply the marigold tincture or ointment on the affected area and see good results. An extensive use for two weeks is suggested so that the vaginal pimple is healed from within and the dead tissues are cured too.
Is an essential plant that can be used for curing vaginal pimple. Being an antioxidant and having anti-microbial properties help in drying and healing the vaginal pimple fast. It is rich in vitamin A and C that add to its effectiveness. Like neem , one can use burdock too in many ways to cure their vaginal pimple.
To use burdock:
- Making root tincture from the burdock roots is found to be effective in curing pimples. The roots when churned with water forms a paste that can be applied on the vaginal pimple.
- Alternatively one can take burdock capsules or have some home-made remedy burdock tea to effectively cure the vaginal pimples quickly.
When Epsom salt is mixed with water, is highly antibacterial and anti-fungal. It is found effective in treating eczema, skin rash, allergy pimples and acne. One can use to cure and prevent vaginal pimples by the below mentioned procedure.
How to use Epsom salt:
- To a water bath , add Epsom salt and stir thoroughly.
- Once mixed well, one can soak themselves in it for 20 minutes that would help to cleanse the vagina area and hence heal the pimple. This treatment will dry and soothes the lesion.
Use Neem Tree oil
Neem tree is known to have medicinal properties from the stem to its leaves. Neem is frequently used to treat pimples everywhere. However, when used for treating pimples on the vagina consider the following:
To use neem oil :
Neem oil is readily available in the market and can be used as follow:
- Dab a cotton ball into the oil and apply it on the affected area every night.
- Alternatively one can take neem capsules to fasten the pimple healing process on the vagina
- Apply the neem oil for a week to treat pimple on vagina.
To Use of neem leaves:
- Boil a handful of neem leaves
- Wash vaginal pimple area with this solution
- One can wash their vaginal area thrice daily with this solution to treat the pimple on vagina.
Use Lavender essential oil
According to the America institute of dermatological studies, Lavender oil contains 90% antiseptic properties that help in healing pimples.
To use Lavender oil:
- Mix lavender oil with a few drops of almond oil and then mix the two well.
- Use a cotton ball, dip it in the mixture and then apply over the affected vaginal pimple.
For quick treatment of vaginal pimple gynecologist Dr. Boris Anderson of institute of gynecological research Washington recommends cortisone injection as a quick and faster way to get rid of the pimple on vagina.
Use Benzoyl Peroxide
Benzoyl peroxide is a powerful remedy for quick and faster elimination of pimple or pimples on your vagina. To treat pimple on the vagina you need to wash the infected area with benzoyl peroxide medicated body washes. These washes can also be used as maintenance after shaving or if the pimple is as a result of ingrown hair.
Check your products
“”It is important to look at what you are using in the shower to wash your body as some products aren’t PH balanced and may contain irritating ingredients’’ says DR. Boris Anderson of American Institute of Gynecological studies. He also advises as follow ‘’steer clear of anything made with harsh sulfates, glycerin, parabens, phthalates, gluten, soy or dairy and stick with natural products when you can. Don’t attempt to use sort of facial zit cream, either because it hydrates the area and exacerbate the problem.
Apple cider vinegar
Apple cider vinegar is popular for its anti-fungal and anti-bacterial properties. It will also help in disinfecting the yeast infection bumps thus reducing further infection and spread.
To use apple cider vinegar:
- Add some apple cider vinegar on a clean cotton ball
- Dub it and apply directly on the bumps
- Repeat at least after every shower and these bumps and sores will heal faster
- Applying apple cider vinegar may sting for sometime
Fresh garlic is rich in Allicin. Allicin is a compound that contains sulfur and is very rich in antibacterial and anti-fungal properties.
To use garlic:
- Peel of the natural cover on the garlic and crush it to get its extracts
- Add a few drops of water
- Use a clean cotton wool to apply the extracts in the bumps
- Let it settle for some time before you clean it off.
Boric acid is a popular home remedy for yeast or pimple infection. Studies have shown that its strong antifungal and antiviral properties that help to deal with any kind of acne or pimple or yeast infections.
To use boric acid
- Dip a cotton ball into boric acid.
- Roll over the cotton ball on the infected vulva
- Repeat this for a week
- Yeast infection, Bumps causes, Remedies and Treatment overfitt.com/causes-yeast-infection-bumps/
- Yeast infection Bumps http://candidaspecialists.com/yeast-infection-bumps/grqid=LB87SCHL=en-KE
- Vagina Pimples: Causes, Treatment, and more https://www.healthline.com/health/womens-health/vagina-pimple/
- Vaginal Pimples or Bumps http://buddy.com/vaginal-pimples-or-bumps-how-do-they-look-and-treated/